As we bid farewell to what has been called “the Century of America,” our society is in the midst of a moral and cultural crisis unlike any time in its history.
Over the past several decades, our nation has witnessed dramatic changes. After two world wars, the Great Depression, the Korean conflict, and the Vietnam War, American culture had begun to shift-a little here, a little there. Although the shifts proved significant, most went unnoticed at the time. By the 1960s, rebellion against authority, sexual promiscuity, and rampant drug abuse was full upon us.
The Clinton administration was at the forefront of the politically correct movement of replacing America’s virtue of righteousness with a tolerance of everything that’s evil. While globalists decried tolerance, what they really mean is that anything that is in disagreement with them is considered intolerant, and thus the rise of hate speech. Whether people participated or not, they were influenced by the societal changes taking place.
Indeed, the transfer of power from George Bush to Bill Clinton and Al Gore did represent generational change, openly embracing a socialist agenda, and possibly more importantly, a change to openly New Age philosophies. Perhaps more than ever, our nation began showing clear signs of a culture’s end as we continued to replace the Constitutional values of our forefathers with the 10 Planks of Communism.
How America changed during
the reign of Bill Clinton?
For the first time in our history the leadership of this great country willfully and philosophically turned away from the covenantal vision and biblical principles of our Founders. On January 20, 1993, Bill Clinton, joined by many in the land, formally ‘broke’ the covenant of our Fathers when he and the affirming electorate demonstrated allegiance to his ‘new covenant’ and began promoting as ‘constitutional’ those things which God condemns.
For the first time in American history we had a president that has openly endorsed the killing of babies, openly encouraged homosexuality as a life-style, and encouraged the pagan worship of Mother Earth.
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice:
but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn” [Proverbs 29:2].
The Scriptures clearly state that “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” (Psalm 33:12). The nation who honors the one true Jehovah God will experience His blessings of protection, provision, peace, and stability. But, as Pastor Jeremiah Wright said, “America has failed.” This nation has forsaken God and as a result we can see in our families, our schools, the inner-cities, our government, our national security, our Constitutional rights, indeed in all areas of our lives, the removal of Gods blessing.
The demise of morality, the loss of our freedom, the crime in our streets, increased drug use, the poverty in the inner-cities, the war zones in our homes and the violence of our children is Bill Clinton’s legacy and will not improve until we understand the days we are living.
Contrary to liberal propaganda, we don’t have an economic problem, we have a problem of our spirit. We have willfully and systematically rejected God and as a result, we are now experiencing the fruit of that sin.
- Increased the National Debt while deceptively reducing the deficit.
- Looted Federal Retirement accounts
- Increased taxes
- Clinton vetoed the $500-per-child tax credit for more than 29 million middle-class families.
- Hiked the tax on gasoline to its highest rate ever.
- Increased taxes on Social Security recipients, hitting 5.5 million retirees.
- Dumbed down the educational system
- Signed the Goals 2000 law creating new education bureaucracies and facilitating federal control of local education institutions.
- Promoted so-called “children’s rights” that can be independently asserted by children against their parents.
- Restricted the rights of parents in connection with compulsory sex and AIDS education.
- Broadened the definition of “child abuse.”
- Brought with him a cadre of God-hating people with an agenda and a vision – Socialists, earth worshipers, homosexuals, radical feminists, pro-abortionists, labor union bosses, civil-rights extremists, “children’s rights” advocates, the media and Hollywood “cultural elite’s” and the like.
- Crime has become the “new normal”.
- Eroded more of our constitutional rights.
- Signed law that limits First Amendment rights based on political beliefs.
- Signed the Brady Bill to establish waiting periods for handgun purchases, and background checks in violation of the Second Amendment.
- Clinton’s big government is in violation of the Tenth Amendment as it usurps the rights delegated to the states.
How was it that a man of obviously questionable moral character was even considered by the American people for the highest executive office in our government, let alone elected to it?
Bill Clinton, over the years, repeatedly evaded tough questions, or offered partial truths, instead of being forthright and honest. With the grace of a high stake card shark and the help of a bottle of political “Crisco,” Clinton repeatedly said one thing, did another, and then changed his tune again almost before the ink is dry from the pens of Establishment owned reporters. In politics it’s called “maneuvering” – in reality, it’s called lying.
Bill Clinton simply was not fit to be President of the United States. Here was a man that made a mockery of the Rule of Law and had no intention of obeying even the spirit of the law. This is a man with no concept of right and wrong. No concept of what is and is not appropriate. And perhaps a man with no conscience.
Despite the rhetoric to the contrary, he repeatedly showed his disregard for everything truthful, honorable, good and Christian. He degraded the respect of the American people for the Office of the President as he ruthlessly ignored the wishes and values of the people as he pursued a liberal social agenda the likes of which we have never seen before.
Hillary Clinton has carried on the lying traditions of Bill Clinton as she considers herself above the law. In hindsight, it was perhaps Hillary that influenced Bill to become a serial liar.
In Al Gore’s words, “Everything that should be up is down,
and everything that should be down is up.”
Bill Clinton led the country to the depths of moral degeneracy and was hardly a paragon of virtue or role model for our children.
- Legitimized marital infidelity
- Lied to the American public about having sexual relations with a 21-year-old intern in the Whitehouse.
- Brought dancing condoms to our TV screens.
- Clinton’s “New Covenant” gives a seal of approval to varieties of self-indulgence that a few short years ago would have earned universal rebuke.
- His administration has been mired in an ethical swamp
- Continues to support increased funding with tax money of obscene and sacrilegious paintings, sculpture and photographs.
- In the first incidence in U.S. history of a sitting president giving sworn testimony as a defendant, Mr. Clinton testified in Jones v. Clinton depositions. In that deposition, he swore under oath that he could not recall ever meeting Paula Jones. He also denied any relationship with Ms. Lewinsky. Until the Lewinsky story broke, Mr. Clinton’s most interesting sworn testimony was his contradiction of his 1992 presidential campaign “categorical denial” of allegations that he was romantically involved with Ms. Gennifer Flowers. (Who can forget that sincere posed couple, Bill and Hillary, holding hands, answering Mike Wallace’s pointed questions about Ms. Flowers on CBS’s 60 Minutes. Clinton campaign lieutenants ridiculed Flowers as a “bimbo,” while advancing the fallacy that personal character and professional character are two different things.)
Bill Clinton surrounded himself with some of the most pagan cabinet and advisors this country has ever seen, criminals – both American and foreign, and successfully transitioned a vast number of Americans to the point where immorality, adultery, homosexuality, lying, and crime actually became the acceptable “right thing to do.”
He was implicated in drug smuggling, providing cocaine to teenage girls in exchange for sex, money laundering, insider stock trading, defrauding taxpayers, real estate fraud, abuse of power, and repeatedly proved himself to be an unashamed sex-crazed adulterer. Bill Clinton had no respect for his cabinet, no respect for his closest advisers, and no respect for women.
Here was a man who called his cabinet in, denied the Lewinsky matter to them and then sent the women, Donna Shalala and Madeline Albright, outside in front of reporters to defend him and attack Ken Starr. And, who can overlook the fact he sent his own wife out to blame his problems on a “Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy,” and later on prejudice toward Arkansas.
Bill Clinton also had no respect for the people who put him there. No respect for the American people. No respect for the office. No respect for what it means to be entrusted by the people of this nation to serve at the highest capacity. Clinton lies, cheats, steals, sleeps around, lies some more, lies about lying, and then smiles. And the American public loved him for it.
Perhaps the greatest tragedy of the Clinton Legacy is what it did to the American electorate.
What once would have been corporately rejected was now accepted. Americans learned to tolerate what is evil and redefined that evil to appear good in order to appease their consciences. It’s what Senator Moynihan called, “defining deviancy down” — when some form of deviant behavior gets out of hand, we simply redefine it as normal and learn to live with it.
Many Americans began to accept a delusional inverted view of reality. Things that were clearly false was accepted as true as obvious truth was rejected. Good was redefined as bad while evil was redefined as good.
Other Americans became more complacent, skeptical, or were outright ignorant of what was really happening. Most troubling, though, is that many Americans actually agreed with what was happening and welcomed it.
What happened to America’s sense of decency, integrity, and honesty? Will we survive the cesspool we’ve dug for ourselves? We proved this country was in desperate trouble when we elected a man we knew was an immoral liar and criminal, yet proudly said that character did not matter.
Where does Clinton’s bridge lead?
It really comes as no surprise that the following predictions made during Clinton’s reign of office might come to pass and define his legacy. Since making these predictions, what is most disturbing is not that they HAVE come to pass, but to the degree their fulfillment surpassed even my expectations.
- Unrestrained immorality
- Decreased trust in government
- Higher taxes
- Economic Bankruptcy
- More intrusive, more ineffective and larger government
- Reduced constitutional freedoms
- Rampant crime, out of control violence and anarchy
- More babies killed – soon to extend to the sick and the elderly