The spiritual values contained in Biblical Christianity (honesty, integrity, purity, love for God, respect for oneself and others, etc.) are the values that make for strong lives, strong families, strong churches, and strong societies.
Economist Warren Brookes said,
The spiritual values [Christians and Jews] celebrate are universal and fundamental, and without them, even the most conceptually efficient economic system will fail. Democracy itself could disappear into tyranny. After all, economic activity is about the adding of value. But in its essence, value is spiritual, the expression of qualities of thought: self-discipline, order, self-respect, honesty, integrity, purity, loyalty, principle, genuine pride, love and respect for others. The list is infinite. Societies with strong spiritual values tend to generate economic value and expand. Societies with too materialistic values ultimately fall into disrepair and decay. Those that have tried to abandon religious or theological support for moral values, which are the key to self-government, have generally declined into despotic deprivation.
[Warren Brookes, “The Key to Well-Being,” The Washington Times, December 25, 1989]
Bill Clinton does not share those values.
In fact, Bill Clinton said of those values….
“We are redefining in practical terms the immutable ideals that have guided us from the beginning.”
President Bill Clinton, Nov. 8, 1997
What’s troubling is that many American people don’t care. They either don’t think a person’s values are important or they actually share those values. For others, they are willing to overlook the character issues if the candidate will tell them what they want to hear. And for many others, they have become desensitized to corruption because in their view ALL candidates are corrupt.
Bill Clinton made masterful use of the mainstream media to spin his propaganda and convince the American people that values didn’t matter so long as he was looking out for their best interests. And the dumbed down American populace bought the lies – hook, line, and sinker.
In the years following Clinton’s presidency, the American people were again called upon to relinquish countless civil liberties and ignore the U.S. Constitution to another slick talking President.
Following the events of September 11, 2001, President George W. Bush was able to convince most Americans that a rag-tag group of people living in caves and communicating with walkie-talkies were able to orchestrate a plot to circumvent the most powerful military on the planet and fly giant airliners into American buildings with pinpoint accuracy. That nonsense was later followed by even more ingenious tales of a backward tyrant in possession of weapons of mass destruction, thus providing the excuse to invade a sovereign nation and overthrow it’s leader.
Embolden by their web of deceit and the gullibility of the American public, George Bush handed over to an openly collectivist Barack Obama the keys to the Treasury of the United States. Seeded with many appointees from the original Clinton Administration and a select few keepers of the Bush reign, Obama proceeded to transfer trillions of dollars from the American taxpayer into the coffers of an International banking cartel. Within months, America’s population, their children and grandchildren were enslaved to soaring deficits and a debt that can never be repaid. All this… thanks to the policies originally introduced to America by William Jefferson Clinton and his cronies in Washington.
|“No matter what you might think of his morals or politics, he may be the slickest politician ever to slide down Pennsylvania Avenue. Even if a videotape surfaces showing him with a bundle of checks and missing files in one arm and a woman of ill repute on the other, he´ll continue to slip through the net.” – Libertarian presidential candidate Harry Browne|
What are the values Clinton thinks important?
Honesty and Truth?
Honesty and truth is a value that many Americans no longer hold. Far too Americans have for so long listened to the lies, they no longer have the capacity to even discern truth from lies. Rather, they have taken the easy broad road of accepting whatever they hear from the mainstream media propaganda pundits without question. They have preferred to embrace their own relative truths oftentimes not even knowing the basis for how they arrive at that so-called truth.
Bill Clinton, over the years, has repeatedly evaded tough questions, or offered partial truths, instead of being forthright and honest. Clinton says one thing (what people want to hear), do another, and then change his tune again almost before the ink is dry from the pens of Establishment owned reporters. In politics it’s called “maneuvering” – in reality, it’s called lying. Sadly, many Americans judge the man by what he says rather than what he does.
“Clinton’s an unusually good liar. Unusually good. Do you realize that?”
– Democratic US Sen. (and Medal of Honor recipient) Bob Kerrey of Nebraska.
In his 1995 State of the Union Address, of 23 points made, 23 were incorrect and/or outright lies. Did anyone in the liberal mainstream media call him to account? Of course not. Rather, they praised him.
It is astonishing to me that Bill Clinton, a man of obviously questionable moral character, was even considered by the American people for the highest executive office in our government, let alone be elected to it. And to be re-elected after showing his true colors was a disgrace!
Bill Clinton and his liberal cronies have no real ideas except for spending more money. So, rather than addressing the issues in a constructive way, these liberals have taken a different tack:
- They lie.
- They redefine terms to fit their agenda.
- They call their opponents “extremists.”
- They frighten the country with fraudulent claims of the threat their opponents supposedly pose.
- They scare old people.
- They charge that their adversaries actually want to starve the vulnerable, take food from children’s mouths, poison the earth, oppress the helpless and make little children sick.
Liberal Democrats loved to say,
“President Clinton is a leader who does what’s right — not because it is easy, but because it is the right thing to do.”
- Since when was lying the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was sexually harrassing women the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was turning away from the covenantal vision and biblical principles of our Founders the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was infanticide the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was limiting First Amendment rights based on political beliefs the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was funding with American tax money obscene and sacrilegious paintings the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was obstrucing justice the “right thing to do”?
- Since when was promoting homosexuality the “right thing to do”?
Doing the right thing is an honorable thing and a value all Americans should aspire to, but redefining perversion, dishonesty, and evil as “the right thing to do” is an affront to all that is right, dishonors the office of the Presidency and is hardly a value to esteem.
As the foremost leader in our nation, Bill Clinton ruthlessly ignored the wishes and values of the American people, as he has pursued a liberal social agenda the likes of which we have never seen before.
The direction President Clinton led this country was appalling to all who fear God and dare to believe that the old fashioned morality of the Bible has yet to be improved upon. Bill Clinton’s outspoken support for homosexual and abortion rights should alarm all Christians. Add to that allegations of marital infidelity and for most Christians, this man epitomized all that is really wrong with America.
Opportunity and Responsibility
President Clinton claimed he believes in opportunity for every American, for every child, for every family. But opportunity, he says, must be accompanied by responsibility; we should meet our responsibilities to one another, to our families, to our communities, and to our country. And, what’s his idea of an opportunity… to join Hillary’s Village.
Ironic that a “draft dodger” would talk about meeting our responsibilities.
Candidate Bill Clinton said, “American politics is being held hostage by big money interests…. [C]liques of $100,000 donors buy access to Congress and the White House.”
Yes, as President Bill Clinton sold private White House dinners to donors who gave at least $100,000 to the Democratic National Committee – plus “private impromptu meetings” with senior officials, a “personal DNC staff contact” to cut through federal red tape, and seats on foreign trade missions.
Although Clinton promised to raise ethical standards when he first ran for president, his administration was totally mired in an ethical swamp and according to the GAO, ethics investigations of the Clinton’s and their aides are costing American taxpayers more than $1 million per month.
- In May of 1993 the White House fired seven long-term travel office employees and hires Clinton’s cousin Catherine Cornelius. The White House released on Jan. 4, 1996 a 1993 memo by ex-aide David Watkins: Hillary Clinton was “insistent” he fire all the White House Travel Office employees.
- Commerce Secretary Ron Brown was the target of criminal investigation by the Justice Department.
- Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros faced criminal investigation.
- Mike Espy, Clinton’s former agriculture secretary was the target of a full scale special counsel’s investigation.
- Roger Altman, the deputy Treasury secretary was forced to resign amid allegations that he misled Congress about his involvement in the Whitewater affair.
- White House administrator David Watkins resigned on May 26, 1994 after using the presidential helicopter, at a cost to taxpayers of $13,000, for a golf outing.
- Ira Magaziner, a White House advisor, was under investigation for allegedly lying under oath about the activities of the health-reform task force headed by Hillary Clinton.
- Webster Hubbell, formerly the No. 3 power at Clinton’s Justice Department, resigned shortly before pleading guilty to two felony counts involving theft from his former Little Rock law firm.
- The Washington Times revealed on Nov. 7, 1995, Veterans Secretary Jesse Brown was sending statements critical of the Republican Congress to his employees via e-mail and printed on their pay stubs.
- The Washington Post on Jan. 13, 1996, calls Clinton’s ambassador to the Vatican, Raymond Flynn, a “political hack” for waging a letter-writing campaign at taxpayer expense in support of Clinton’s domestic policies.
- The Wall Street Journal reported Energy Secretary Hazel O’Leary spent more than $43,500 of taxpayer money compiling an enemies list of reporters who have been critical of her or her department.
- The The Washington Times revealed on Jan. 23, 1996, that nearly 600 Commerce Department employees used government credit cards to pay for personal expenses.