Why Bill Clinton was BAD for America
Clinton’s idea of “Crossing the bridge into the 21st Century” did NOT take America in the direction most freedom loving Americans wanted to go. Instead, his bridge into the 21st Century lead America further into moral decadence and a more entrenched Socialist State.
Bill Clinton’s Foundational Philosophy for the Socialist State
At his acceptance speech, President Clinton singled out Dr. Carroll Quigley as being one whom helped to form his political outlook.
Quigley was a liberal academic with a very identifiable world view. Quigley is known principally for his 1,338 page tome called Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World in Our Times originally published in 1966.
Quigley wrote approvingly of the power, influence and activities of what he called “the network” that tries to rule the Western world. The “network” always prefers Big Government, big federal spending, and the stability of a planned society rather than the uncertainties of the free market.
Quigley described the Council on Foreign Relations as one of several “front” organizations set up by the network for the purpose of advancing its internationalist schemes.
He boasted: “I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for 20 years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records.”
Quigley asserted that he was personally acquainted with the dynastic families of the super-rich, and he traced their immense power and influence. For the most part, he was a fan of their goals and policies and said that his chief difference with the “network” was that “it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known.”
The “Hope” in his book’s title represented the collectivist one-world society that will exist when the “network” achieves its goal of consolidating its rule. All who resist this man-made millennium represent the “Tragedy,” and Quigley asserted that it was too late for ordinary people to fight it.
The economic comrade of Clinton’s who served as an economics official in the commerce Department, helped form his economic strategy is Derek Shearer, longtime associate fellow at the Institute for Policy Studies, “which is committed to socialism in America and sides with the Soviet Union on almost every important foreign policy issue,” according to a 1988 article in Policy Review.
In the book Economic Democracy, written with Martin Cornoy, Shearer says corporations are too “impersonal and powerful” and that a strategy to achieve economic democracy “must start by dismantling, or at least restricting, the power of these corporations.” Shearer and Carnoy call for a “democratically” planned economy – one planned by government bureaucrats. They also call for nothing less than complete government control of capital markets. “A strategy of reform,” they write, “must transfer capital from the corporations to the public…. The logical vehicle for that process should be the government.”
The objective, according to the book, is to provide a vehicle for governmental takeovers of entire industries “without the immediate financial and ideological burdens that large-scale nationalization efforts would entail.” This has been and continues to be the strategy employed with the government intervention into the tobacco industry and the takeover of the health care industry.
Shearer later served as foreign policy advisor to Vice President Gore during the 2000 Presidential campaign and to Senator Hillary Clinton in the 2007-2008 Presidential primary contests. He is currently Director of the McKinnon Center for Global Affairs at Occidental College.
Bill Clinton’s vision didn’t put people first, it put government first.
Beyond all the rhetoric and ballyhoo of the Clinton administration, many American people recognized the characteristic signature of the liberal agenda, including its fascination with bloated bureaucracy, exploitation of the taxpayer for the sake of bigger and bigger government, and all the other socialized programs connected with issues such as education, health Care and the environment
Though his policies claimed to be for “the best of the country,” their ends aim at the destruction of national patriotism and personal independence.
The Clinton administration had an openly socialist agenda.
Just as frightening is that the American people either seemed not to understand, didn’t care or actually enjoyed and supported the socialist idea of having to crawl up to the government feeding trough for anything and everything from health care to food to housing.
No longer did Americans ask what they can do for their country. Instead, Americans wanted to know what the country would do for them.
Bill Clinton was not alone in this move toward Socialism. The United States Congress and Democratic Party is infested with many Socialists. And, they no longer hide their affiliations. There are at least 58 members of Congress — 57 Democrats and one independent — who have signed onto the agenda of the Democratic Socialists of America. The group in the House of Representatives calls itself the Progressive Caucus. [Socialists in Congress, Jane Chastain, WorldNetDaily, Nov. 30, 1998]
Clinton’s Goal for the 21st. Century
Bill Clinton’s real goal was the creation of a new government-industrial complex similar to the corporate state established in Italy in the 1930s. In Bill Clinton’s America, Washington would dictate the details of daily economic life in an unprecedented way. His policies abounded in government interventions into the private sector, each with untold impact on the ability of American business to expand and create new jobs for American workers.
The Clinton’s want, for example, for the federal government to create a new bureaucracy to determine how much money each worker, manager, and owner of a business should be paid. His proposals required government bureaucrats to come up with a complex formula to penalize “excessive pay” in the private sector; such “excess” would not be allowed to be included as a legitimate business expense for tax purposes.
Under Clinton’s proposed health care plan, American citizens would be required to utilize a government chosen doctor for their health care and those who chose to obtain services with their own money would be considered criminals. Although he did not manage to get that accomplished during his tenure in office, years later President Barack Obama forced through Congress a socialist healthcare bill requiring Americans to purchase health insurance from government approved vendors or face criminalization and fines.
Socialism is government ownership and/or control over the basic means of production and distribution of services and goods.
This means the government controls everything, including you. Socialism, like Communism, is a consolidate and control the wealth program; not a share-the-wealth program as many would have you believe.
Bill Clinton introduced the Socialist State that Barack Obama later codified in America.
The following things are characteristic of socialistic forms of government proposed by progressives and illustrated by Hillary Clinton’s “village”.
- The individual loses all rights and everything is done in the name of the commonwealth (public) (read – “village”); you are officially the property of the state and not an individual with wants, desires, and needs.There is only the rich and the commonwealth. If you are not rich, then you are a member of the commonwealth. The needs and wants of the rich come before the needs and wants of the commonwealth. In the commonwealth there are no individuals and no one has any rights whatsoever. All decisions in your behalf are made by the state. Your children are the property of the state and it is decided by the state what they will learn, who will teach them, and what will become of them. As a parent, you have little or no say in what becomes of your children, all decisions are made by the government and you either accept their control or become an enemy of the state.
- The government owns and/or controls the basic means of production and distribution of services and goods. We are told that business and other things will be regulated but that we will still be free. Free to do what? What a contradiction of terms. How can anyone have a Socialist form of government with freedom? All business and land, if not owned by the government or the rich, is controlled and taxed very heavily. As stated, in a Socialist form of government the rich rule and have the power, not the people. They will operate under the illusion of a free enterprise system.Keep in mind the control the government has taken in recent years of tobacco, health care, the environment, automobile manufacturing, the financial sector, and the airline industry.Vice President Al Gore announced new efforts to make air travel safer and Americans seem eager to accept the further erosion of their rights and pay even higher tarifs to government to protect them from an unseen enemy. One lady I recently travelled with told me that she was willing to undergo an extensive selective search of her luggage “if it would make traveling safer.” Safer than what? I ask. The Clinton administration took advantage of the crash of TWA 800 to play on the fears of American travellers. It would seem a foregone conclusion that the airplane was brought down by a terrorist act – regardless of the fact there is no conclusive evidence to date that it was a criminal act. Later, in the Bush administration, the terrorist attack on 9/11 only solidified the governments intrusion into the airline industry. The heightened state of security at American airports is nothing more than another ploy of the government to further control the airline business and raise another “hidden” tax to pay for it.
- The creation of a federal or state police force; the purpose of which is to put down disturbances, political or otherwise, “root” out political enemies, ensure the loyalty of the people, and enforce laws upon taxation, population control, religion, the workplace, and the family unit.Consider Clinton’s now infamous 100,000 more police officers on the street. Along with the government funded of those officers comes the federal control over how the recipients of the funding are used. Will this new police force be held accountable like the FBI? Attorney General Janet Reno promoted Larry Potts—who coordinated the Waco raid and was censured for his role in the 1992 Ruby Ridge, Idaho, shoot-out — to deputy director of the FBI.
- The subjection or elimination, generally the latter, of all religious institutions, with the exception of a state approved and mandated religion. This “New World Order” institution will also be used to ensure the loyalty of the people and will be used in the collection of taxes.
The Clinton presidency clearly presented a clear and present danger to the traditional American way of life that has been grounded in Judeo-Christian principles. But a much greater danger is on the horizon. This danger is the socialistic serpentine worldwide government that the Scriptures say will emerge in the end times (Rev. 13:7-8). This world empire, based in a reunified Europe, will abrogate the sovereignty of every other nation on the face of the earth. Its government will be run by godless, amoral Humanists who will worship the creation rather than the Creator (Romans. 1:25).
The average American Citizen isn’t going to give up his Constitution for some World Government too easily. We and our ancestors have fought too long and shed too much blood for it to give up easily.
The plan is for Americans to give up their freedom willingly. Socialist reform is the only way that a one world order can be established without a direct military confrontation.
“We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans …”
Bill Clinton (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)
Progressive Socialist Tactics
- Corrupt the young.
Get them away from religion and get them interested in sex.
- God was removed from the classroom and replaced with sex education.
- The sex scandals in Washington elevated the discussion of salacious topics to the nightly news and daily newspapers. There was probably no school age person who had not seen or heard about the licentious activities carried on by the President of the United States.
- President Clinton has been credited with boosting traffic on X-rated web sites according to a story in CBS MarketWatch, Oct 8, 1998. “Bill Clinton has brought the vocabulary of sex to mainstream media,” Caity McPherson of Samantha’s Online Galleries said. “At parties now, people don’t talk about sex in literary terms. They mention cigars and brunettes. Then they go on the Web looking for brunettes using sex toys. And I make money!”
- Liberal tacticians repeated over and over again that President Clinton’s adulterous affair is common, saying “everybody does it.”
- Control of all means of publicity and thereby:
- Distract people’s minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books, shows, plays, and sex in general, and other trivialities.
- Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
- Destroy the people’s faith in their natural leaders by holding these latter up to ridicule, obloquy, and contempt.
- Always preach true democracy, but seize power as fast and ruthlessly as possible.
- Encourage government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
- Foment unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of the government toward such disorders.
- By false arguments cause the breakdown of moral virtues; honesty, sobriety, continence, faith in the pledged word, ruggedness.
- Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of eventually confiscating them and leaving the population helpless.
For the past 20 years, gun control measures across the country have gradually become more restrictive as socialits in our government have dismanted the 2nd Amendment. And with the passage of the Crime Bill in 1994, the most sweeping gun control legislation in U.S. history, and the Brady Bill, which requires a five-day waiting period for handgun purchases, gun control advocates appeared to have gained the upper hand.
- Encourage the passage of legislation that strangles businesses and free enterprise.
All must be done in the name of the consumers and employees. Characterize businesses in general, and in particular banking institutions, the Tobacco Industry and Health Care Industry as the bad guys; but never government.President George W. Bush appears to have made Bill Clinton’s dream come true with the nationalization of America’s banks in 2008. Amidst the largest financial crisis since the Great Depression, the Bush administration handed 125 billion dollars to nine of Wall Street’s richest banks after demanding from them to sell stock in their companies to the U.S. government. “The American people must understand that this carefully structured plan is aimed at helping you,” Bush said. But this will do little to help the economy that is crumbling around ordinary U.S. citizens, according to many experts.Under the Paulson plan, the U.S. will receive 5 percent interest on the bank shares it purchases for three years and nine percent thereafter. The British negotiated 12 percent interest in a similar arrangement with banks and investor Warren Buffet will receive 10 percent interest on the stock he purchased from General Electric. Barack Obama elevated the Clinton and Bush takeover of the economy with Trillions more in bailouts of “too big to fail” corporations and enslaved our children and grandchildren with unprecedented budget deficits and debt that can never be repaid.In the wake of exposing fraudulent environmentalism arguments against the American industrial complex popularized by Al Gore, President Barack Obama needed something to reinvigorate his renewed push for a draconian carbon tax scheme. He got his “Pearl Harbor” with the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010.
Of course all these Socialist reforms are done in the name of “public interest,” “the will of the people,” or by any other means necessary.